Thursday 22 September 2011

and so another year of awesome starts!



What an amazing group of students this semester. Funny, entertaining, smart, kind ...

it sounds like I must be exaggerating eh? What high school teacher in the 21st century can say these things without a BUT of some sort?
I can. This group starts work in just 2 days and I have complete confidence that it will be an amazing experience for all of us.
Retail stores, offices, huge computer companies, police, vets, restaurants, hospitals, a local TV station and schools will all benefit from this group of hard working young adults. I am looking forward to watching them grow and learn.

What a lucky lucky person I am. I am them working on a journal topic right now about attitdude. I have really come to accept lately that the only thing I have direct control over is myself - this quotation reinforces that view quite beautifully.

Some other attitude quotes I like:

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo

If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill

No comments: